On being ‘exotic’
From 6th gear to full-stop
Min stad, just där solen börjar om
Well, then what’s your not-so-good version?!
An immigrant in Sweden, prt. V
Sverige, vad älskar jag dig
Careergirl’s advice on selling your first property
‘Hi, my name is Carl, I’m starting today as the new group-accountant for xyz, my hobbies include: running marathons, alpine skiing, trainingcamps in Lanzarote, crossfit competitions and freediving.’ Uuuh, can I please barf? Look, it might just be the Swedes, but have you noticed these days when people introduce themselves all they talk about is how #fit they are/want to be/pretend to be? Even when they don’t even look fit?! That your lunch dates have been reduced to counting carbs, protein and macros? Hey, all the credits to you for working out and living an active lifestyle! But do we have to splash it all over the internet? And do you really have to give me the stink-eye for eating strawberry cheesecake icecream? I think we’ve entered in the current day competition of: who has the bigger penis?
- When all my co-workers, bosses, bosses’ bosses, their past-middle-aged wives and their 9 year old’s whole heartedly sang ‘Chug it down! Chug it down! Sing ‘hup-de-la-la-la-loo-lah-la’ Chug it doooooooowwwwn!’
- Kraftskiva fest. So just vodka then? I thought this was supposed to be about crayfish?
- Swedes always stand to the right on the escalators, leaving me and my toned tush to climb 60stairs up to heaven, uh the light. Yeah right, screw that. Gimme some room on the right ya old fart with your 4 bags, move!
- I haven’t had to work out. I live on a freaking hill. It’s tough enough
- Still, we’re all in the gym about 4 times a week.
- Because: Semla buns have forever glued themselves on my thighs.
- I’ve actually never had kötbullar. Please don’t deport me.
- That freaking personnummer. Why? Why? WHYYYY!
- My happiness on a December morning when the first snowflakes fall.
- Biking for 40 days through snow and -18C
- My messed up collection of shoes in March.
- My grumpiness and whining when it still snows in APRIL
- 25th of the month, paaaaay day
- ‘You don’t have knackebröd? But… then… what are we going to eat?’
- December: Stop the darkness
- June: no darkness at all